The Lammermuir Festival concert (at the village hall this Sunday 17th from 3-5pm) is sold out. This is great news and we are looking forward to hosting this fantastic music festival.
Please be aware that there will be a lot of additional cars in the village looking for parking spaces during this period on Sunday afternoon. Thank you in advance for your patience and support.
The minutes from the August meeting of Garvald and Morham Community Council are now available on the GMCC page. Among the items discussed were core footpaths, a proposed Cinema Club, the village marquee and various other funding issues.
Call for helpers… Please drop Katy a line or use the Contact Form if you can help out. Thank you!
Do you have young children in the village? In true Garvald style, Jo (and helpers) are looking to hand over the job of arranging the Halloween children’s party and guising and the Christmas children’s party. There really isn’t much to it (especially if a few pitch in).
Please get in touch via the contact form (or call Jo 830685) if interested. Thanks!
Raffle prizes to collect from the Village Show…
Ooops! – we’ve just found left over prizes from the village show raffle. If you still have tickets (and you haven’t washed last Saturday’s trousers!) please check – you could be the lucky winner of fig chutney, bag of smarties or a bottle of Seven Giraffes beer.
Here are the prize winning numbers…
If not collected they will be recycled into next village raffle. Contact Jo on 830685 or via the contact form.
What a great afternoon – thanks to all our volunteer helpers and to everyone who came along and enjoyed the show and brought along their competition entries – 283 in total this year! Full results are available on the GHS page.
Here is a photo of the very well behaved and under control four-footed members of our community (and handlers).
Congratulations to all our trophy winners:
- GHS Industrial Trophy for most points in Industrial sections – Hazel Clark
- GHS Cookery Challenge Cup for most outstanding exhibit – Hazel Clark
- GHS Ladies Challenge Trophy for most outstanding exhibit in Handicraft section – Kathleen Harrison
- Audrey Mae Traynor Cup for the best hand-knitted exhibit – Helen Thomson
- Sancta Maria Abbey Cup for best photograph – Lee Robertson
- GHS Challenge Cup for the most outstanding veg/fruit exhibit – Dougie Clark
- J.K.Webster Rose Shield for the best rose exhibit – John Sheldon
- James Hardie Cup for the best Gladioli exhibit – John Sheldon
- Smithy Shield for the best sweet pea exhibit – John Sheldon
- J.K.Webster Shield for best beetroot – Dougie Clark
- Cardinal Gordon Gray salver for best entry for Basket of Vegetables – Dougie Clark
- Village Show Cup (Pre School Children) for most points – Archie Edmonds
- Village Show Trophy (Pre School Children) for most outstanding exhibit – Archie Edmonds
- Garvald & Morham Community Council Cup (Ages 5 to 8) – Evie Houston
- The Bette Pratt Memorial Quaich (Ages 5 to 8) for the most outstanding exhibit – Katie Freeland
- Tanderlane Cup (Ages 9 to 12) for the most points – Libby Ballantine
- Alice Lawrie Trophy (Ages 9 to 12) for the most outstanding exhibit – Euan Evatt
- Floral Art Trophy For the most points – Fiona Sheldon
- Cameron Cup for Best Floral Art exhibit – Fiona Sheldon
- GHS Salver for most points in show – Hazel Clark
- NOVELTY “Perfectly imperfect” vegetable – John Sheldon
LAST CALL FOR HELPERS
Just a reminder that we need some help on Thursday 24th at 7pm to set up the tables and again at the end of the show (many hands make light work). Thank you!
Friday staging is 7-9pm and Saturday 8-10am (not 7.30am as before). Entries must be in by 10am sharp! The schedule is on the GHS page.
A grand day for all last Saturday. Photos supplied by Lee Robertson, thank you! More in the Funday 2017 Gallery.
CALL FOR DONATIONS AND SET UP HELP
It’s nearly SHOW TIME – and this year we are delighted to welcome George Anderson of the Beechgrove Garden as part of the judging team. No pressure there then for all you growers out there!
As usual we are looking for:
- Donations for the raffle – bring on the day
- Donations of home baking – including any show entries that didn’t turn out as planned…(please leave in the kitchen)
- Children (and the odd parent) to do a stint on teas
- Help on Thursday 24th at 7pm to set up the tables and again at the end (many hands make light work)
If you are able to help/donate please leave Jo a message on 830 685 or use the contact form.
Friday staging is 7-9pm and Saturday 8-10am (not 7.30am as before). Entries must be in by 10am sharp!
The schedule is on the GHS page.
We look forward to lots of entries and a dry afternoon!
Tickets now on sale for Hops in the Garden, on Saturday 19 August 2017 at Archerfield Walled Garden in aid of Leuchie House.