If you would like more information about booking Garvald Village Hall, please contact the Bookings Manager using the form below.
Garvald Village Hall
The hall offers a splendid venue for a wedding, birthday party and many other events. Located in the attractive village of Garvald, amid picturesque East Lothian countryside, it is an historic red sandstone building suitable for a range of uses.
- A magnificent main hall (10.8 x 13.3 metres). Must be seen to be appreciated!
- A selection of eight circular tables
(6’ diameter) and ten rectangular tables (6’ x 2’6”).
- Upholstered banqueting chairs for 119.
- A stage area; great for live music (the hall carries a license for such events), discos or other functions.
- There is a small meeting room off the main hall which may be useful to support events.
- Two mobile units are available. These are highly suitable to set up a ‘bar’ facility. Please note that Garvald Village Hall does NOT carry a license to sell alcohol on the premises. (If one is required, the hirer must obtain this from East Lothian Council – allow up to 50 days notice in order to obtain this in time for your event).
The modern, recently installed kitchen is very well equipped, including large worktop areas. It includes a five shelf cold cabinet, a fridge/freezer, and a commercial plate warmer, plus a large double door oven with a six ring hob (all calor gas) for those who wish to bring their own caterer/chef.
A new toilet block was completed in 2009, and there is also a disabled facility off the main hall with a baby changing facility.
- The hall carries a license for LIVE music and no further action is required if you are hiring a band to play.
- At the front of the hall building, there is a lovely grassed area known as the Orchard. With the kind permission of East Lothian Council, a marquee, gazebo or similar can be erected there. This option has often been used at weddings and other events.
- The drive to the main entrance is well lit at night for a safe and welcoming approach.
- There is full wheelchair access and no steps, as all areas of the building are at ground level.