The Minutes for the GMCC held in February 2021 are now available to view on the GMCC page:
See the link, below, for the agenda for the Garvald and Morham Community Council (online Zoom) meeting . If you wish to attend , please complete the form below to be sent the link.
Garvald & Morham Community Council Agenda
For meeting to be held on Monday 29th March 2021
At 7pm Online on the Zoom Platform
- 1. Attendance and Apologies
2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising
3. Update from Ian Middlemass
4. Update from Haddington & Lammermuir Area Partnership
5. Report from Phillip White Garvald Neighbourhood Watch
6. Garvald Woodland Project 2
7. Commonwealth War Graves Commission
8. Garvald & Morham updates from Representatives
10. Date of next Meeting – Monday 7th June 2021
- 1. Attendance and Apologies
The Garvald & Morham Community Council will be holding our next meeting on Monday 29th March at 7pm. This will be a virtual meeting held on the Zoom platform.
If you would like to join our meeting, please fill in the form below to receive the log in details nearer the time. Agenda to follow.
Please see the link, below, to the agenda for the Garvald & Morham Community Council meeting on Monday 1st February at 7pm via the online platform, Zoom. Please use the contact form if you wish to be sent log in details.
The Garvald & Morham Community Council will be holding our first meeting on Monday 1st February at 7pm. This will be a virtual meeting held on the Zoom platform.
If you would like to join our meeting, please fill in the form below to receive the log in details nearer the time.
Meeting dates for 2020 are now on the Garvald and Morham Community Council page (see link above).
As a result of stormy winds coming from the South West since New Year several large, very rigid, foam insulation boards have been blown into the Garvald park and become trapped amongst saplings on the steep bank above the Papana Water. A large amount of smaller detritus can also be seen trapped against fences in the field above the park. The full-size boards are approximately 3m square and 240mm thick.
The flying boards, in gale-force winds, represent a potentially lethal hazard to people and animals. They could easily damage windows of the houses, greenhouses and vehicles and bring down power cables.
The community council, as a matter of urgency, is trying to find out where these boards might be coming from. Anything that might take off in high winds should be stored inside or stacked properly tied and weighted down.
If you have an idea about where these hazards might be coming from please contact Philip White (Community Council Chairman) via the contact form, below:
The proposal to install exercise equipment in the park was fully discussed at our recent Community Council Meeting. Although many residents were very keen, the results of the recent survey by the villagers who took part revealed that it would not be in keeping with the conservation status of the village and would not be used in the long term. Part of the agreement with Crystal Rig is that any project should not cause division within the Community. Whilst the survey was extremely close, it was marginally in favour of going ahead.
For these reasons it was decided not to take this project forward.
We are always looking for ideas to spend the money that we get from Crystal Rig every year.
Merry Christmas to all from all your Community Councillors.
The next meeting of the Garvald and Morham Community Council will be held on Monday 2nd December 2019 at 7pm in Morham Village Hall. Everyone welcome.
1. Attendance and Apologies
2. Minutes of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
3. Play Map for Gifford & Garvald
4. Update from Ian Middlemass, Treasurer
5. Update from Haddington & Lammermuir Area Partnership
6. Report from Phillip White, Garvald Neighbourhood Watch
7. Garvald Exercise Equipment Update
8. Morham to Garvald Path Update
9. Morham De-Fibrulator Update
10. Garvald Bench
11. Morham Interpretation Board Update
12. Garvald and Morham Updates from Hall Representatives
14. Date of Next Meeting – Monday 3rd February 2020 at Garvald Village Hall
The Minutes for the October meeting of the GMCC are now available to view on the GMCC Meetings and Minutes page. They include news about the recent archaeology dig at Morham, the Treasurer’s update on the accounts, news on the Morham De-Fibrillator as well as updates from Haddington & Lammermuir Area Partnership.