Crystal Rig Grant Allocations
Your Community Council has had a busy year in 2016-2017 and we wanted to update you on what the Crystal Rig Fund has been used for.
The following local young people were supported: Aiden & Lucy Ballantyne, Molly Clark, Isaac & Daisy Ingram, Harry Lee, Conal McGregor, Thomas Robertson and Scott Thomson. Our funding aided them in their competitive sporting and educational achievements, enabled two young people to speak at a UK Space Agency Principia conference and provided a musical instrument grant.
Larger projects helped were:
- Morham Village Hall (repairs to a wall)
- Morham Hall Refurbishment
- Morham Treasure Hunt
- Woodland Project 2 (4 year project)
- Knox Academy
- Yester Primary School
- Garvald Fun Day
- Halloween & Christmas Parties
- Garvald & Morham Theatre Trip – over 80 people from both villages travelled to Edinburgh to see Arabian Nights and by all accounts the trip was a great success.
- Christmas Trees for Garvald and Morham
As you can see a large and varied amount of projects were given support, in total we approved £28,500.00 last year.
We are currently arranging a planning application for a External Defibrillator to be located in the vicinity of the Garvald Public Toilets.
We are looking for any ideas you may have for allocating 2018 funds. We should have a similar amount of money available and any projects that meet the strict criteria will be considered. Please read the Crystal Rig 2018 application form or contact Philip White for more information.