August has arrived and now is the perfect opportunity to plan your 2012 Flower Show exhibits. Check out the competition classes in the 61st GHS Show 2012 Programme.
Children can start preparing their entries now, before school restarts.
Here’s the competition classes for children:
UNDER 5 YEARS OLD
- ‘My family’ A4 artwork
- Model animal (e.g. playdough, papier mâché)
- 2 slices no-cook style traybake
- A bunch of flowers in a jam jar
AGE 5 TO 8 YEARS
- A ‘monster’ made from vegetables and plant material
- 3 home-made sweets
- Musical instrument made from household junk
- A miniature garden, maximum size 600x600mm
- A greetings card
- A collage depicting a tree
- Hand-writing. Two verses from a song of your choice
AGE 9 TO 12 YEARS
- Miniature garden, maximum size 600x600mm
- An ‘animal’ made from vegetables and plant material
- Sock puppet
- Jam sponge sandwich
- A windmill
- Compose a poem about ‘holidays’
- Nature photograph
- Chocolate cake, using the recipe of your choice
- Design a coat of arms for Garvald
- An exhibit of vegetables of your own growing
- Compose a rap!
- Home-made pizza base and topping (maximum 210mm in diameter)
- A drawing or painting ‘At The Disco’
Good luck to all!