Please be aware of an Amber Weather Warning from the Met Office, for wind affecting East Lothian between 8am and 5pm on Wed 19th September.
Please take care and ensure garden items are tied down or removed before the expected wind arrives.
Storm Ali is expected to bring a very windy spell of weather with gusts of 65-75 mph inland. What to expect:
- Flying debris is likely and could lead to Injuries or danger to life
- Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs or damage through falling trees and branches breaking
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- Large waves could affect coastal roads, sea fronts and properties